Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kids Return - Tongue Tied


I'm digging through a box of cdrs and came across this gem. I thought that I would post someone else's upload here but I couldn't find anything other than a couple of reviews and a torrent. I guess that a lot of people haven't heard this yet.
Kids return play driving, melodic emo and have some excellent, intelligent lyrics. This EP, for me, falls into the category of 'recent emo that is as good as the old days' alongside Reds' 'Is:Means' LP and Empire! Empire!'s 'Year of the Rabbit' 7''. Perhaps some Reds comparisons are warranted.
I was lucky enough to see these guys play a few months ago with Lemuria. Kids Return easily stole the show. I remember thinking "man, this is what it must have felt like to be there the first time around".
I'll argue that Kids Return are a completely different band live and if they ever play near you, you should do everything in your power to get to it. Amazing. Don't sleep on this any longer.

Tongue-Tied
Note: I ripped this cdr with iTunes, so the tracks are in M4A format. I can't be bothered shopping around for a decent, freeware mp3 ripping program but if you email me about one, I'll get on it and re-up whatever I post today.

No comments:

Post a Comment